Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall, Football, and Fun




Heidi's recent post on fall got me feeling the fall mood! Our first tailgate at GSU this past Saturday was much fun with two of my favorite things, food and friends. Football is one of my favorite things because it involves tailgating and good food. The pic above is all of us decked out in our Georgia Southern colors at the UGA/Georgia Southern game last year. Great fun........only comes every four years! It was very strange to wear those colors in Sanford Stadium though. :) I do love a Georgia Bulldogs game anytime I can get a chance.........nothing like the Athens experience. Most Saturdays we are in the Boro if their is a Southern home game cheering on our Eagles. When they are away, you can find me at home watching the Dawgs on television. It is fun planning what appetizers we will chow on. This past Saturday I made Mexican layer dip and redneck caviar. Maybe in a later post I will add those recipes, although I know most around here probably have them! I got my redneck caviar recipe from Mrs. Donna Tarver years ago after she made it for a shower at the coast. YUM! It is always a hit! I have heard it called other things, but redneck caviar just has a ring to it, doesn't it? I also love fall decorations......pumpkins and mums.....and a little polka dots on the pumkins never hurts. The pic above is of some pumpkins Madeline and I painted last year. Pray for me tomorrow night, as I will have about 9 girls at my house! My baby turned 8 so it is party time! Pics to come........

2 comments:

  1. We love football season too!

    Your pumpkins turned out sooo cute. We are getting ready to make some polkadot ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pumpkins! Sure wish I had some crafting ability. I must be the only person in Tattnall that DOES NOT care anything about football... it's racing at my house (and I don't like it either)! :)

    ReplyDelete