Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Daddy

On June 27th my daddy went home to be with the Lord. He was admitted to Candler in Savannah on June 16th, and a couple days later we were given the news that there was lymphoma in his bone marrow. God is so good in that daddy did not suffer, and he did not know ahead of time how sick he was or what lay ahead of us. My daddy was a wonderful dad to my sister and me. He always took care of us and did whatever it took to make sure we had what we needed. He loved his granddaughter like nothing else in the world, enjoyed fishing and football, and could be found spending time around the house, going fishing, or in his yard working on restoring his tractor about ninety-eight percent of the time. He was always ready for grilling out with his family or having a good fish-fry. He and my mama would have been married for thirty-six years in August. She has truly lost her best friend. We have suffered a great loss, and I thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts these past weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment